Monday, May 19, 2014

Powerhouse 2014


      This weekend I went with my sister (Kaitlyn), her friend (Jaclyn), and my boyfriend (Fernando) to Power 106's Power House 2014.  The concert was in Anaheim at the Honda Center where the night before the Kings beat the Ducks for a spot in the finals, but that is a different story.  We were all so excited to get to go to Power House this year since it was a line up of people that we actually wanted to see. Kaitlyn is in love with Trey Songz and since we can't really find shows for him she used this as her chance to see him. Fernando and I are obsessed with Childish Gambino and even though we saw him in concert two weeks before for his Deep Web Tour we used this as an opportunity to see him again. Can't see him too many times I say. He is a mastermind. Anyways back to the concert.  We were so excited to see Nicki Minaj and Jennifer Lopez too (even though I was probably more excited about her than anyone else). Still the concert was a fun experience.
      When we got there at 6:30pm the doors still weren't open and the show was supposed to start at 7:00pm. I was fine with the show starting late, but they kept everyone waiting outside their sections for so long it was getting frustrating, because of the crowds.  Overall the show was good. There was a lot of great performances. JLo came out and did her thing, she was amazing. She had great dancing and singing and effects.  Nicki Minaj came out perfectly.  She didn't put on a crazy, extravagant show with dancers. It was just her and her DJ and she did her thing. She brought out Soulja Boy and that was exciting, since he was the only surprise performance that we saw. Trey Songz did great live and he even took off his shirt (eek!!).
     Even though the concert was a lot of fun there were a few drawbacks to the night. For one the waiting. We had to wait forever for everything. To get in (twice) and then in between sets while they set up for the next person. It was getting out of hand. Here you go from being hype and pumped up from one act and then they make you wait 15-20 minutes for the next person. That was disappointing. This is a complaint that I had only because he is my favorite and I love him.  Childish Gambino only came out and sang 3 songs!! That really disappointed me, even though I saw him a couple of weeks earlier I was sad about his short performance.  I felt like everyone got longer sets and did more and they gave him the short end of the stick. And it was annoying to see people not showing him the respect he deserves as an artist. The sound was also a frustrating part of the show.  It was hard to hear the performs over the music.
    We ended up leaving early because we were frustrated with things and because we saw most of the people we wanted to see. We only missed Wiz Khalifa. I don't know if we will go back to Power House again, but it was a fun experience. I guess I would go back if it was a great line up again and if Childish was there again. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...