Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cali Christmas [Concert Review]


This year Power 106 held their annual Cali Christmas concert at the Forum in Inglewood, California. I was excited to go, since I love some of the performers and I had never been to the Forum and have heard great things about it. I admit it is really nice inside and very elegant.

The show was a completely different experience from when I went to Powerhouse earlier in the year. Unlike Powerhouse, Cali Christmas, was very organized and well thought out and put together. The show went smoothly and the transitions weren't so long and unbearable. 

TInashe' was the first performer and started right at 7:00pm sharp. She only sang three songs and then she was done. Up after her was G-Eazy and he put on a performance. It was great. He had a lot of energy and was trying to get the crowd going. I felt bad though because there still weren't a lot of people there, over half of the audience was missing still when he went up.

After him was Kalin and Myles and they were just a weird couple of kids to watch. They tried to do this cute/"sexy" things and dance moves that just fell flat. The only song that anyone seemed to care about was "Love Robbery", which is their most popular song and the song that is played the most on the radio. 

After them was Kid Ink. I've seen him perform once, at a club, so I wasn't expecting too much, but his performance wasn't that amazing either. In my opinion he performed way too long. He did a bunch of his older songs and then he did around 5 of his newer songs, before he finally left the stage. To his credit he is from LA and was talking about how proud he was to be performing there at the Forum, but still I wasn't really into his performance.

Lil' Jon surprised me! I was expecting something not that great from him, but he came out and got the crowd on their feet and jumping and singing along. It was amazing. He brought out his son as the DJ and I thought that was really sweet and his son did a great job at it. I guess what makes Lil' Jon so great is that he has fun dance music anyways, but hear him perform it live was great. It was a lot of fun.

After him was Big Sean, finally! The person I had been waiting to see. He did an amazing show. He did all of the songs that I wanted to hear. The crowd was standing and still buzzing from Lil' Jon, so it was great to get someone as high energy right after him. Not to mention the fact that he has such great songs and he even brought out E-40 for "IDFWU".

Then was Trey Songz, my sister had been waiting for him forever. We saw him perform at Powerhouse, but this time it was better. He just took off really quick and then Chris Brown came out. It was great to see his dance moves in person. Then the two of them came out and did some songs together. They brought out a couple of surprise guests too, like Tyga, Ty Dolla Sign, Kid Ink. During his show Chris Brown asked if there were any single ladies in the audience. When the crowd went crazy he said "I'm single too. F*ck that bitch!" It was insane that he announced his break up in that way and talked about her like that. 

TI was a strange performance. He was upset about the feedback from his mic and while they were fixing it he went on a little rant. I was looking forward to him, since I do like his music, but it was so hard to understand him with all of the bass that he had going on. 

Overall, it was a great show. I really enjoyed it. This one was worth the money that we spent to go. I couldn't say the same about Powerhouse. Both were great concerts with great people, but this was the best. It was so well put together. I would totally go to Cali Christmas again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...